- Opt-Out Process
- Avery Products Corporation Consumer Information Sources
- Types of Information
- Avery Brand Online Services
- Information collected about a consumer
- Uses of Consumer Information
- Email Processes
- Do not mail excludes the consumer's name from our direct mail campaigns.
- Do not call indicates that the consumer does not wish to receive any phone communication (i.e., phone research or telemarketing campaigns) from Avery Products Corporation.
- Writing Avery Products Corporation Consumer Service Center with the request:
Avery Products Corporation Consumer Service Center
PO Box 129
Brea, CA 92822-0129
- Calling Avery Products Corporation Consumer Service Center:
1 (888) 283-7967
- Faxing Avery Products Corporation Consumer Service Center:
1 (800) 831-2496
- Call Avery Products Corporation Consumer Service Center (CSC). When consumers call the CSC, we might ask for their names, address, phone number, and other consumer profile information that helps us better serve their needs in the future. Consumer information is collected only if the consumer has given us permission to do so. This information helps facilitate communication with our consumers by allowing us to quickly and efficiently identify the consumer.
- Respond to various marketing campaigns (i.e., advertisements, business reply cards, offers, etc.). This consumer information collected is completely voluntary. In most cases, consumers are given a choice to have their names removed by checking the appropriate box on the questionnaire.
- Visit the Avery® products Web site (www.avery.com). Consumers might be asked to respond to survey questionnaires or to register to receive future mailings and product updates. Consumers might also be asked to provide consumer information before downloading Avery brand software products.
- Contact or locator information (such as name, postal, and email addresses);
- Navigational information (such as data revealing consumers' preferences or the choices they make among the range of products, services, or sites);
- Other consumer profile information that helps us better target our products and services.
- Avery Protects that you pay nothing if any unauthorized charges are made to your card as a result of shopping with us.
- Avery Protects that every software download from us will be 100% Virus Free.
- Avery Protects that all information that you provide while shopping is encrypted so no one can access or use personal information in an unauthorized manner.
Privacy and Security
Avery Products Corporation protects its consumers' right to privacy. The following guidelines outline fair and appropriate handling of all consumer information passed through this Web site.
We at Avery Products Corporation Worldwide Office Products value our consumers and take great pride in assuring that their privacy is maintained. With electronic mail, Internet, and other online resources growing exponentially, it is important that we maintain an environment where our consumers feel comfortable that the information they provide us will not be misused.
This protection of consumer privacy is best achieved through cooperation between the business community, customers, service providers, government agencies, and information collectors. We at Avery Products Corporation, believe every consumer should be able to conduct business with us without having their personal information used for unrelated purposes.
This document provides guidelines that Avery Products Corporation Worldwide Office Products uses to ensure proper handling of all consumer information.
back to top
We believe our consumers should have the right to decline disclosure of personal information that is collected on our databases. The records for those individuals who request that their personal information not be used for future mailings or phone calls will be marked in our database so that their names will be excluded from any contact in the future.
Currently, we mark consumer records in two ways:
Consumers can request removal of their name and consumer information by the following methods:
back to top
Avery Products Corporation's consumer information is collected when consumers:
The consumer information we collect allows us to better understand our consumers and their product and service preferences. Consumer profiles help us develop products and programs which meet our consumers' needs. The typical consumer profile information collected is: name and postal address, phone or fax number, types of printers used, job title, Avery brand product usage, and stores or dealers used to purchase Avery products.back to top
Avery Products Corporation Worldwide Office Products' consumer Web site is www.avery.com. Consumers that visit our site can preview product information, locate dealers, and download software templates. From time to time, we ask our consumers to respond to surveys or questionnaires, to register to receive future mailings or product updates, or to download Avery software products.back to top
back to top
Consumer information may be used for various research projects aimed to better understand Avery products consumer preferences. The data may be used to evaluate consumer reactions to content, products, and services offered online. It may also include using the consumer's name and address for direct mail or other consumer communication methods.
On occasion, we may also disclose names and information collected to approved firms that conduct market research for Avery Products Corporation or to companies that do joint promotional activities with Avery Products Corporation. Those consumers who have requested removal of their name and consumer information should not be contacted.back to top
We would only use online email communication with consumers who have given us permission to do so. When used, we will provide our consumers a mechanism through which they can request that Avery Products Corporation omit their email addresses from lists or databases. We will always provide our consumers with an email address, postal address, and telephone number at which we can be contacted.back to top
Your shopping safety is protected! Shop with confidence knowing that you are totally protected when you order from Avery. We go the extra mile to protect you:
So, rest assured, the Avery Secure & Virus Free Protection provides the ultimate in shopping protection and peace of mind!
1. Credit Card Protection Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50.00 of fraudulent charges. If your bank does hold you liable for any of this $50.00, Avery will cover the entire liability for you, up to the full $50.00. Avery will cover this liability only if the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made through Avery while using the Avery secure server. In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
2. Virus Protection In the unlikely event your software download from Avery contains a virus, Avery agrees to either replace the affected software or refund the purchase price plus any shipping costs associated with the affected software. Avery's liability is limited to replacement or refund of only the virus-infected software downloaded from Avery and does not include any costs associated with repairing or replacing any computer components, hardware, additional software, computer files or any other costs associated with repairing, replacing or removing virus-infected files from your computer. Avery will cover this liability only if the virus resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made from Avery while using the Avery secure server.
3. Data Encryption Because we accept sensitive information from end-users such as name, address and credit card number, Avery uses Verisign™: Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to protect all of the customer's personal information. This logic encrypts the data being sent and received using high-level encryption technology. This technology assigns undetectable codes to data transmissions that only our server and the consumers can validate. This ensures that no external party can view the data.
Still more questions? Back to Main Help Page